Selected: CO. CORK, AGHADOWN, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
|Building:||CO. CORK, AGHADOWN, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)|
|Nature:||New Early French Gothic church for 260 person, built on new site granted by John H. Becher of Loughrine. Consecrated, Aug 1873. Architects: Henry and Arthur Hilll. Supervising architect W.H. Hill, diocesan architect. Contractor: Thomas Pemberton, Dublin. Stained glass E window presented by the O'Donovan.
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 15, no. 171, 21 Aug 1873, 433; no. 172, 22 Sep 1873, 463; IB 15, 1 Sep 1873, 240; B 31, 20 Sep 1873, 752; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 364.