Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, CORK, SOUTH MALL, NO. 030-31 (TURKISH BATHS)  Street numbers may have changed due to re-numbering

Name: WALKER, ROBERT [4]
Building: CO. CORK, CORK, SOUTH MALL, NO. 030-31 (TURKISH BATHS)
Date: 1890-91
Nature: New baths for Cork Turkish Baths Co.  Opened 17 Oct 1891. (Was RW the engineer and Arthur Hill the architect?).
Refs: Biography of RW in Building News 58, 28 Feb 1890, 326;  Cork Examiner, 16 Oct 1891 (information from Roger Herlihy, Cork);  Roger Herlihy, A Walk through the South Parish (Cork: Red Abbey Publications, 2010), 72-74(illus.).

Name: HILL, ARTHUR
Building: CO. CORK, CORK, SOUTH MALL, NO. 030-31 (TURKISH BATHS)
Date: 1891
Nature: On site of South Mall Hall. For Cork Turkish Baths Co., Ltd. Contractors: E. & P. O'Flynn.
Refs: Architect 47, 20 May 1891, 333; IB 33, 1 Nov 1891, 248;  Roger Herlihy, A Walk through the South Parish (Cork: Red Abbey Publications, 2010), 72-74(illus.).