Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, AUGHRIM, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)

Name: HAGUE, WILLIAM [2]
Building: CO. WICKLOW, AUGHRIM, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)
Date: 1890
Nature: New church. Rev. John O'Brien bequeathed £1000 towards building same and £200 for marble altar in 1891. Foundation stone laid by Archbishop Walsh, 22 Jul 1890.  Contractor: Michael Clarke (d.1900).
Refs: Clonliffe College Archive, MS p1/2;  Irish Times, 23 Jul 1890;  Wicklow Newsletter, 6 May 1891,17 Mar 1900.