||New Gothic church for Very Rev. James Reynolds, PP; 'well massed and richly ornamented' (Casey & Rowan). Building fund opened, 1858; £1,914 collected by May 1871 Site granted by Lady Fetherston, Jan 1859. Tenders invited, Feb-Mar 1878. Contractor: T.J. Callan, Dublin. Church opened, 1881. tower and spire erected for Rev. James O'Farrell and completed church consecrated, 24 Sep 1905.
Freeman's Journal, 27,28 Feb,1,2,4-8 Mar 1878; J. MacNamee, History of the Diocese of Ardagh (1954), 558-559; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 111; Feargal Tomas Harron, 'William Hague FRIAI: an architectural appraisal', Breifne VIII, no. 32 (1996), 705,707-709(illus.)