Selected: CO. LAOIS, RATHDAIRE, CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION (CI)
|Name:||FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN|
|Building:||CO. LAOIS, RATHDAIRE, CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION (CI)|
|Nature:||New chapel of ease for Lea parish, for Mrs Cornelia Adair, in memory of her husband John George Adair of Rathdaire (d.1885). Amount of tender: £4,250. Eventual cost 'will not be less than £8,000'. Opening service 2 Nov 1890 when church was 'not yet quite complete'.
IAA, PKS 0652, A07, p.242 (Dec 1885); Irish Times, 3 Dec 1890; J.F. Fuller, 'Reminiscences of Fifty Years', IB Jubilee Number 1909, 24; J.F. Fuller, Omniana (1916), 183; J. Williams, Architecture in Ireland 1837-1921 (1994), 253-4; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 325.