Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KERRY, RATTOO, CHURCH (CI)

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. KERRY, RATTOO, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1877-79
Nature: New church on site 'within the shadow of the ancient round tower'. Gothic. Uncoursed rubble with Portland stone dressings. FS laid by Wilson Gun, D.L. who paid cost of contract (excluding tower and belfry), 20 Sep 1877.  Consecrated Oct 1879. Contractor: A. Crosbie, Tralee. Clerk of Works: Dooner. (Dismantled, 1957, and re-erected in Sandhill Road, Ballybunion to replace Killehenny Church, when it was dedicated to St Augustine, Closed in 1987.)
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 19, no. 213, 1 Jan 1877, 21; no. 224, 1 Nov 1877, 347;  IB 19, 1 Oct 1877, 284; 21, 1 Nov 1879, 344; B 35, 6 Oct 1877, 1017; J.F. Fuller, Omniana (1916), 169; Maurice Craig & the Knight of Glin, Ireland Observed (1970), 92; Bob Frewen, 'James Franklin Fuller, architect and genealogist', unpublished article, 2014, 34 (copy in IAA);  exterior illus. in   J.B Leslie, ed. D.W.T. Crooks, Clergy of Limerick - Clergy of Ardfert and Agahadoe: biographical succession lists (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2015), 171.