Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. MEATH, SYDDAN, CHURCH OF ST DAVID (CI)

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. MEATH, SYDDAN, CHURCH OF ST DAVID (CI)
Date: 1879-81
Nature: New church, consecrated 1881. Early English style. Nave, chancel, baptistry at W. end; tower and spire at NW. Stone pulpit. Windows filled with cathedral glass. Built and partly endowed by late Miss Elizabeth Ball, Clare Street, Dublin. Builder: Henry Sharpe, Kells.  Consecrated, 22 Jul 1881.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 21, no. 246, 1 Sep 1879, 648; 23, no. 83, 30 Jul 1881, 523;   IB 23, 1 Aug 1881, 233; J.F. Fuller, 'Reminiscences of Fifty Years', IB Jubilee Number 1909, 24; J.F. Fuller, Omniana (1916), 183; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 376;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 317.