Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, STRATFORD-ON-SLANEY, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (CI)

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. WICKLOW, STRATFORD-ON-SLANEY, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (CI)
Date: 1903-4
Nature: New church.  Generous grant from Beresford Fund towards same.  FS laid, 24 Oct 1903.  Consecrated, 23  Apr 1904. Builder: Webster, Gorey. JFF offered services free of charge. (Replaced church of 1789/90 which had become structurally unsound, see Wicklow Newsletter, 13 Jul 1901).
Refs: Irish Times, 31 Oct 1903, 2 May,23 Jul 1904; IB 46, 7 May 1904, 286; B 86, 14 May 1904, 528;  Clergy of Cashel and Emly; Clergy of Leighlin (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2012), 304-5(illus.);  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 348.