Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CARLOW, GRAIGUECULLEN, KILLESHIN ROAD, CHURCH OF ST CLARE (RC)

Name: FOLEY & O'SULLIVAN
Building: CO. CARLOW, GRAIGUECULLEN, KILLESHIN ROAD, CHURCH OF ST CLARE (RC)
Date: 1928-29
Nature: Moving and re-erection of Bruen Testimonial Church to form Church of St Clare. FS laid 7 Jun (or 17 Mar?) 1928. Church dedicated by Dr Cullen, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin, 13 Oct 1929.  Contractors  Thomas Thompson & Son, Carlow.:
Refs: IB 69, 17 Sep 1927, 677; 71, 26 Oct 1929, 964; Architect & Building News 118, 30 Sep 1927, 550;  Irish Times, 14 Oct 1929;   John McEvoy, ed., The Churches of Kildare and Leighlin 2000 AD (Strasbourg: Editions du Signe, 2000), 20(illus.).