||CO. OFFALY, DAINGEAN, MAIN STREET, COURT HOUSE
||Detached, five bay, two-storey court house built in 1807; three central recessed bays flanked by projecting pedimented bays. Ground floor walls of central bay are rusticated with Doric pilasters used on the first floor. Design of building has been attributed to James Gandon but more likely an early nineteenth century structure replacing a previous courthouse of c.1760. Similarities in the elevation have been noted to Birr courthouse.
G. Browner (ed.), The Courthouses of Ireland (1999), 120