||CO. CARLOW, HACKETSTOWN, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (CI)
||'The church is a neat building, with a square embattled tower surmounted with pinnacles, which was erected and the church roofed anew, in 1820, by a gifrt of £600 and a loan of £500 from the late Board of First Fruits.; it has recently been repaired by a grant of £559 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.'(Lewis) According to Clergy of Leighlin cost of rebuioding was £1015, of which £553 was a gift of Board of First Fruits.
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837) II, 1; Clergy of Cashel and Emly; Clergy of Leighlin (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2012), 249(illus.), 250.