Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CAVAN, KILLESHANDRA, CHURCH (CI)

Name: FARRELL, WILLIAM
Building: CO. CAVAN, KILLESHANDRA, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1838
Nature: New church, replacing one of 1688. Gothic, with 5-bay nave, 2-storey pinnacled porch, pinnacled belfry and short chancel..  By W. Farrell & Son.
Refs: Signed and dated drawings in RCB Library, portfolio 20; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 375;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013),243(illus.).  

Name: GIBBS, ALEXANDER, & CO. *#
Building: CO. CAVAN, KILLESHANDRA, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1882
Nature: Mullioned and transomed E window (Parables of the Lost Sheep and Prodigal Son) for - Martin.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 24, no. 122, 29 Apr 1882, 292;  no. 123, 6 May 1882, 314;  Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3065/ (last visited, Mar 2014).

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. CAVAN, KILLESHANDRA, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1882
Nature: Extensive improvements: new vestry, hot water heating,new pews, Caen stone pulpit and reading desk presented by James Hamilton of Castle Hamilton, Caen stone font gift of Mrs Clifford of Greenville, new tiling in chancel. Church reopened Sep 1882 after having been closed for 2 months.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 24, no. 122, 29 Apr 1882, 292; no. 142, 16 Sep 1882, 648.