||CO. KERRY, KILLARNEY, CHURCH (CI, 1812)
||'The church, to the erection of which the late board of First Fruits contributed a loan of £700, was built in 1812, and has been recently repaired by a grant of £282 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners: it is a neat but irregular structure, with a tower surmounted by a slated spire, and contains several mural tablets, among which are two to the Earls of Kenmare, whose family vault is beneath; the east window is embellished with a painting oc Christ and the two diciples at Emmaus in stained glass.'.(Lewis) According to Leslie this work was the completion of the church of 1797.
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 128; James B. Leslie, Ardfert & Aghadoe Clergy and Parishes (1940), 122.