||CO. CORK, CORK, BLACKPOOL, DUBLIN HILL, RAILWAY TERMINUS (GREAT SOUTHERN & WESTERN RAILWAY)
||First railway terminus built after line reached Cork in 1849. Station house burnt dow, before Aug 1850, . when new extensive fireproof stores and offices were being built. Extensive iron roof by Paul McSwiney, Cork, whose works were also responsible for adjacent iron bridge. Large square of houses proposed for stationmaster and other employees. Buildings (not housing) completed, 1851. Sum of £25,000 estimated as sufficient to finish entire works. estimated as sufficient to finish the entire works. (This terminus was replaced by new terminus at Glanmire Road Lower after construction of tunnel in 1853.)
8, 24 Aug 1850, 404; 9, 27 Sep 1851, 610.