Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CAVAN, CLOVERHILL, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)

Name: HAGUE, WILLIAM [1]*
Building: CO. CAVAN, CLOVERHILL, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1856-57
Nature: WH contractor for new church.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 284.

Name: WELLAND, JOSEPH
Building: CO. CAVAN, CLOVERHILL, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1860
Nature: St John's Church, Cloverhill...was consecrated in 1860 as a chapel of ease for the parish of Annagh.  Designed by Joseph and William J,. Welland in the Gothic-revival style, the cost of constructing the church, amounting to over £4,400, was provided by the local landlord, Mary Anne Sanderson, who also provided the site for the building.'
Refs: Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 239(illus.).