Selected: CO. DOWN, KILMOOD, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)
|Building:||CO. DOWN, KILMOOD, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)|
|Nature:||New church with 120 ft spire, built with aid of grant of £900 from Board of First Fruits. FS laid in 1820 by David Gordon of Florida Manor. Opened for worship, 1822. (Top of spire damaged in 1839 and 1909; subsequently reduced in height.)
Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 138(illus.); C.E.B. Brett, Buildings of North County Down (UAHS, 2002), 42-43(illus.); exterior also illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 193.