Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. FERMANAGH, TAMLAGHT (ENNISKILLEN), CHURCH OF ST TIGHERNACH (CI, DERRYVULLEN SOUTH PARISH)

Name: WELLAND, JOSEPH
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, TAMLAGHT (ENNISKILLEN), CHURCH OF ST TIGHERNACH (CI, DERRYVULLEN SOUTH PARISH)
Date: 1852-1854
Nature: New church. FS laid by Earl of Belmore 17 Aug 1852. Site presented by Anthony Denny, Derryvullen (who also presented 'a large bell of exquisite tone and workmanship' in 1854). Church consecrated, 1854.
Refs: B 10, 17 Jan,5 Jun 1852, 46,359;  Armagh Guardian, 30 Jun 1854; J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 165; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979),227-8;  illus. in Clergy of Clogher  (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2006), 38.

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, TAMLAGHT (ENNISKILLEN), CHURCH OF ST TIGHERNACH (CI, DERRYVULLEN SOUTH PARISH)
Date: 1866-67
Nature: Extension to W. Contractor: William Campbell.
Refs: Contract drawing, 1866, in RCB Library, portfolio 3A (also proposal for new church, 1866, and letter, 1863); J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 164-5

Name: WARD & HUGHES *#
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, TAMLAGHT (ENNISKILLEN), CHURCH OF ST TIGHERNACH (CI, DERRYVULLEN SOUTH PARISH)
Date: 1882;1904
Nature: Five lancet windows at E end, 1882, in memory of Rev. J.Y. Rutledge (Christ as Good Shepherd in centre, flanked by Sower, Reaper and angels);  double lancet in S wall of nave, 1882, in memory of William Auchinleck Dane and his daughters Florence and Anna (Christ walking on water);  double lancet in N wall of nave, 1882, in memory of Lotta and William Dane(Christ blessing children);  double lancet in N wall of nave, 1904, by Curtis, Ward & Hughes (designer George Measures Parlby), in memory of Richard Martin Dane (Christ as Light of World and Christ as Bread of Life).
Refs: gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3286/ , last visited, Dec 2014.

Name: MAYER & CO. *#
Building: CO. FERMANAGH, TAMLAGHT (ENNISKILLEN), CHURCH OF ST TIGHERNACH (CI, DERRYVULLEN SOUTH PARISH)
Date: 1913
Nature: Double lancet window in s wall of nave, 1913, in memory of William, Mary and Arthur Collum (Faith & Charity).
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3286/ (last visited, Dec 2014).