Selected: CO. ARMAGH, LISNADILL, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, LISNADILL, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)|
|Nature:||'The church is a spacious edifice in the later English style, with a square embattled tower erected ny Primate Robinson in 1772, and has the arms of the founder over the entrance.'(Lewis). 'Probably the best-preserved of Cooley's 'standard designs' for Archbishop Robinson...almost exactly as in Cooley's "Design No. 9"...'(Mulligan).
Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 286; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 409-10; illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 127.