Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)

Name: COOLEY, THOMAS
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1776
Nature: 'A three-bay hall of 1776 to one of Thomas Cooley's 'standard' designs for Primate Robinson.'(Mulligan)
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 365.

Name: BOWDEN, JOHN [2]
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1822
Nature: Additions (W tower, and 2-bay N transept) attr. to Bowden by Mulligan.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013),365;  illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 126.

Name: SIBTHORPE, HENRY & SON *
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1872p
Nature: Monument to John Robert Irwin (d. 1872).
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 365.

Name: FULLERTON, JOHN HENRY
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1876
Nature: Interior entirely remodelled:  new pews, pulpit, desk and lectern, new communion rail and gallery front.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, 207, 24 Jul 1876, 211.

Name: PARKINSON, HENRY C.
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1896
Nature: Addition of vestry.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 365.


Name: MCCLEMENTS, R. *
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1931p
Nature: Monument to Canon M.A. Hogg.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 365.


Name: CLOKEY, WALTER F. *
Building: CO. ARMAGH, KEADY, CHURCH STREET, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI)
Date: 1945
Nature: Lancet indow in N transept (St Matthew). By Clokey & Co.
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/window/15860/ (last visited, Jan 2014).