Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, MEATH INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, MEATH INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS
Date: 1894
Nature: New gymnasium added to existing buildings. Took 6 months to build.  Opened by Archbishop of Dublin, 2 Jan 1895. Contractor: Beckett. Cost of building and furnishings: £799.
Refs: Irish Times, 3 Jan 1895.

Name: BECKETT, GEORGE FRANCIS
Building: CO. DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, MEATH INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS
Date: 1907-1909
Nature: Alterations & additions;  increased sanitary and dormitory accommodation.  Contr: James Beckett
Refs: IAA, PKS B21/36 and A08 (Oct 1908); drawings for additions to main block, 1909, in OPW drawings coll.; design for proposed additions exh. RHA 1909, no. 303; IB 49, 24 Aug, 16 Nov 1907, 593, 797; 50, 14 Nov 1908, 708;  Irish Times, 26 Oct 1907..