Selected: CO. ARMAGH, ARMAGH, ENGLISH STREET, BELFAST BANK
|Name:||LANYON, CHARLES (SIR)|
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, ARMAGH, ENGLISH STREET, BELFAST BANK|
|Nature:||New bank of 'very ornamental' design. Contractors: Mssrs. Whelan & Scott. Clerk of Works: James Gargan. Front of freestone 'obtained from the Rev. Mr Pratt's quarry, Glaslough...very nearly if not quiite equalling Portland Stone'. Opened for business, Jul 1851.
Armagh Guardian, 17 Jun 1850,2 Sep 1850; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 127-8.