||TRENCH, JOHN TOWNSEND
||CO. WICKLOW, ARKLOW, TOWN HALL
||New concrete Gothic town hall, for William Proby, 5th Earl of Carysfort. Inaugurated by Duke of Marlborough, 20 Nov 1878. 'Externally it has the appearance of a small country church, and on entering it one unacquainted with the purpose for swhich it was designed and built would almost conclude that the architect intended that it should have a character not strictly in conformity with the style of building usually adopted in connection with civic institutions.' (Irish Times)
Irish Times, 21 Nov 1878; IB 20, 1 Dec 1878, 349.