||TARVER, EDWARD JOHN #
||CO. MONAGHAN, ROSSMORE PARK, MAUSOLEUM
||New mausoleum-cum-private chapel for 5th Baron Rossmore to commemorate death of 4th Baron Rossmore on 27 Mar 1874. Gothic, with domed circular tower at E end and corbelled-out E window.. Dark mountain limestone with pale grey stone from Delaney's quarries for finely wrought work. Interior chiefly brick. Mosaic floor with family arms by Mssrs. Simpson; Stained glass by Heaton, Butler & Bayne. Built by estate workmen.
Building News 30, 7 Apr 1876, 342 (illus.). (Reference and other information from Rossmore Mausoleum Conservation Group.); Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 273.