Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WICKLOW, CONARY, CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WICKLOW, CONARY, CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW (CI)
Date: 1892
Nature: Complete renovation of almost ruinous church (built in 1859 for men who worked in local mines) under personal supervision of Rev. John Moore Robinson, rector of Castlemacadam, who acted as contractor and employed skilled labour. Work took 3 months. Hansome font given by Rev. & Mrs Robinson 'in memory of their departed child'. Formal reopening by Archbishop of Dublin, 7 Nov 1892.
Refs: Wicklow Newsletter, 29 Oct,5,12 Nov 1892;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 301.

Name: HARDMAN, JOHN, & CO *
Building: CO. WICKLOW, CONARY, CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW (CI)
Date: 1898a
Nature: 3 stained-glass windows:  St Bartholomew (baptistry), Parables of the Prodigal Son and the Good Samaritan (north wall of nave), Parable of the Sower (vestry).(Wicklow Newsletter d windows.). Also Caen stone reredos, supplied by Mrs Clerke, London, wife of rector, Rev. John Moore Robinson.
Refs: Wicklow Newsletter, 5 Nov 1898;    Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/search/artist.1486/location.2361/results (last visited Jul 2009)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WICKLOW, CONARY, CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW (CI)
Date: 1909
Nature: Addition of chancel. Dedicated Sep 1909.  For Rev. John Moore Robinson. 
Refs: Wicklow Newsletter, 25 Sep 1909.