||New church on site of church of 1774. using materials from previous church and from Bridgetown church. Cruciform, Gothic structure with large, stocky bell tower with pointed roof, housing vestry at ground level. Cornerstone laid by Lady Listowel, 21 Apr 1880. Built by tradesmen employed at Convamore assisted by Fermoy masons. Consecrated 22 (or 23?) Dec) 1881 by Bishop Gregg, when tower was 'yet to be raised above its first state in order to complete the vestry-room underneath'.
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 23, no. 1, 7 Jan 1882, 11; Mehaul Magner, 'Christ Church, Ballyhooly, & the Bridgetown connection', Mallow Field Club Journal 22 (2004), 119-137(illus.); exterior illus in .Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 371.