Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, KINGWILLIAMSTOWN (BALLYDESMOND)

Name: GRIFFITH, RICHARD JOHN (SIR)
Building: CO. CORK, KINGWILLIAMSTOWN (BALLYDESMOND)
Date: 1832-1839ca
Nature: RG superintends creation of new village and improvements in surrounding territory for Commissioners of Woods and Forests.
Refs: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical dictionary of Ireland (1837), 228; The Parliamentary Gazetter of Ireland II (Dublin, London & Edinburgh: 1846), 562

Name: WEALE, JAMES #
Building: CO. CORK, KINGWILLIAMSTOWN (BALLYDESMOND)
Date: 1832ca
Nature: JW reports on feasibility of scheme for developing land acquired by Crown, circa 1830, on the border of Co. Kerry in barony of Duhallow, including the establishment of Kingwilliamstown as a model village. For Commissioners of Woods and Forests.
Refs: [James Weale], Improvements at King William's Town, in the Barony of Duhallow in the County of Cork (London: 1834) (copies at University College, Cork, and Cambridge University Library).