Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, LOUGHBRICKLAND, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)

Name: DUFF, THOMAS J. [1]
Building: CO. DOWN, LOUGHBRICKLAND, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)
Date: 1827-1832
Nature: New church, begun 1827 and dedicated 28 Oct 1832. (Tower added 1870.)
Refs: Architect's correspondence, 1827-32, and N.C. Whyte's notebook of subscriptions and expenses for building th chapel ?in PRONI Whyte papers (reference from Christine Casey); E. Campbell, Ecclesiastical Buildings in the Diocese of Dromore (1940), 8; Paul Larmour, 'That eminent and tasteful architect', Perspective 7, No. 1 (Sep-Oct 1998), 59(illus.),61