Selected: CO. FERMANAGH, CASTLE ARCHDALE, CHURCH (CI, OLD, ALIAS CHAPEL OF THE MULLIES)
|Building:||CO. FERMANAGH, CASTLE ARCHDALE, CHURCH (CI, OLD, ALIAS CHAPEL OF THE MULLIES)|
|Nature:||New church (perpetual curacy) built and endowed by General Mervyn Archdale in 1839-40. Consecrated by Bishop of Clogher 10 Jul 1840. Nave demolished when new church of 1900-1908 built, but tower preserved.
Connaught Journal, 23 Jul 1840; J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes (1929), 130; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 170; Richard W. Chambers, St Patrick's Church, Castle Archdale: a centenary celebration (2008), 42-44.