Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, EGLANTINE, ALL SAINTS CHURCH (CI, MULHOLLAND MEMORIAL)

Name: DREW, THOMAS (SIR)
Building: CO. DOWN, EGLANTINE, ALL SAINTS CHURCH (CI, MULHOLLAND MEMORIAL)
Date: 1874-1875
Nature: New church fo0r 200 persons. Nave, side aisle and chancel. Erected in memory of late S.K. Mulholland and his son. FS laid 27 Jun 1874; cons. 15 Jul 1875. In memory of St Clair Kilburne Mulholland, his only son and 2 daughters. (Drew was 'an old and attached friend' of Mulholland.) Builder: John Lowry. Cost roughly £3000.
Refs: IB 16, 15 Jun 1874, 175; 17, 15 Jan,1 Aug 1875, 15,21(illus.),214; Handbook of the United Diocese of Down & Connor & Dromore (Belfast, 1886), 99-100; Architecture in Ireland 1837-1921 (1994), 105;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013),  224.