Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WESTMEATH, MULLINGAR, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (CI)

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. WESTMEATH, MULLINGAR, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (CI)
Date: 1861
Nature: Extensive alts., 'according to plans by the architects to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners': 8 new traceried windows, new galleries, staircases, furniture. Builders: Mssrs. Barker. Dublin.
Refs: Drawings, s. & d. 'Welland and Gillespie, Archts. 22 Aug 1860' seen in church by N.W. English in 1973 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc.2008/44); unsigned drawing(s), dated 1861, for new galleries in transepts, new robing room and porch in RCB Library, portfolio 23; DB 2, 1 Jul 1860, 301; 3, 1 May 1861, 501; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 418-9

Name: DREW, THOMAS (SIR)
Building: CO. WESTMEATH, MULLINGAR, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (CI)
Date: 1877-78
Nature: Restoration, including raising of chancel walls, new roof, new chancel arch. Tenders invited for reroofing and repewing, Jul 1877. Reopened Sep 1878.
Refs: Irish Times, 27 Jul 1877; IB 20, 1 Oct 1878, 290; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 419;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 317.

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WESTMEATH, MULLINGAR, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (CI)
Date: 1884
Nature: Marble paving in chancel, brass communion rail, new entrance gates.
Refs: IB 26, 15 Jan 1884, 30.

Name: HARDMAN, JOHN, & CO *
Building: CO. WESTMEATH, MULLINGAR, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (CI)
Date: ?
Nature: Stained glass in upper window at E end (the Angelic Hosts).
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/search/artist.1486/location.2552/results (last visited Jul 2009).