Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DONEGAL, CARRIGART, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI, MEVAGH PARISH)

Name: DREW, THOMAS (SIR)
Building: CO. DONEGAL, CARRIGART, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI, MEVAGH PARISH)
Date: 1895
Nature: New church in Early English style, replacing one of 1675.  Chancel and nave consecrated, 1896.  N aisle and NW tower dedicated 1902.
Refs: Vestry minutes quoted in church guide book (information from David Lawrence, Dec 2020);  Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 169; Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), Pt. 1, 164(illus.)