||CO. TIPPERARY, CLOUGHJORDAN, CHURCH OF ST KIERAN (CI)
||New chapel of ease in parish of Modreeny. 'The church is a handsome light edifice, in the later English style, with an elegant spire, was bult by a gift of £900 and a loan of £923 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1830.'(Lewis). Tenders invited for building same, May 1832; 'execution to be approved of by James Pain, Esq, Provincial Architect'. For Rev. Edwin Palmer.
Limerick Chronicle, 31 May 1826 (cited by David Lee & Debbie Jacobs, James Pain, architect (Limerick Civic Trust, 2005), 136; exterior illus. in Clergy of Killaloe, Kilfenora, Clonfert and Kilmacduagh (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2010), 61; exterior and interior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 393.