Selected: CO. DERRY, LIMAVADY, DRUMACHOSE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
|Name:||BROWN, NATHANIEL MCAULEY (DR)|
|Building:||CO. DERRY, LIMAVADY, DRUMACHOSE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH|
|Nature:||New church replacing church of 1743. 'A harled and sandstone cruciform church with flamboyant tracery windows and a thin belfry-tower-cum-porch, set in the angle between nave and N transept. Reputedly a design by the incumbent, Dr N.M. Brown.'(Rowan) Tenders invited, Apr 1875. Completed Summer 1877.|
IB 19, 15 Jul 1877, 213 (quoting Coleraine Chronicle); W.D. Girvan, Historic Buildings in North Derry (UAHS, 1975), 15(illus.),20(no.77); Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 351; Julia E. Mullin, The Presbytery of Limavady (Limavady: North-West Books, 1989), 68(illus.),81-82; illus. in Laurence Kirkpatrick, Presbyterians in Ireland: an illustrated history (Booklink, 2006), 259.