||CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LAGANBANK ROAD, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
||New church in Early Gothic style 'erected under the bequest of the late Mr Hamilton' in May's Field. Design of 'Mr McNeil' (ie. James McNea?) selected in competition 'but some misunderstanding seems to have arisen between the trustees under the will and the committee appointed to superintend the building of the church". 1st stone laid, Aug 1852. Consecrated: 1853. (Demolished 1943)
B 10, 17 Apr,21 Aug 1852, 245,537; Clergy of Connor (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1993), 101-2.