Selected: CO. KILKENNY, COOLCULLEN, CHURCH (CI, MOTHEL PARISH)
|Building:||CO. KILKENNY, COOLCULLEN, CHURCH (CI, MOTHEL PARISH)|
|Nature:||New church built - but not properly finished - by aid of gift of £500 from Board of First Fruits; enlarged 1814; reroofed 1828 (but cf. Lewis: 'the church is a neat edifice, with a tower, built by aid of a loan of £600 from the…Board [of First Fruits], in 1817; for its repair the Ecclesiastical commissioners have recently granted £115.')|
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 394; J.B. Leslie, Ossory Clergy and Parishes (1933), 323; Clergy of Ossory (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2013), 46(illus.) ; National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=KK®no=12401108 (last visited, Nov 2016; for additional images see http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=images&county=KK®no=12401108.