||CO. CORK, CROSSHAVEN, CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW (CI, TEMPLEBRADY OR TEMPLEBREEDY PARISH)
||'The church is a large edifice, in the early English style of architecture, with a turret and spire, erected in 1778, near the site of a former church…on the summit of the highest ridge that rises west of the mouth of the harbour, and being whitewashed, it forms a conspicuous and well-known land-mark.' (Lewis) Estimated cost: £288.9s.6d. (Replaced by Holy Trinity Church, Crosshaven, q.v., and dismantled 1968, leaving walls and turret)
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 601; Holly Bough (Cork Examiner, 1952), 6; D. O'Murchada, History of Crosshaven (1967), ?