Selected: CO. KILDARE, RATHMORE, CHURCH OF ST COLUMBKILL (CI)
|Building:||CO. KILDARE, RATHMORE, CHURCH OF ST COLUMBKILL (CI)|
|Nature:||'the church is a small plain structure, with a square tower, erected by aid of agrant of £450, in 1766, from the same Board [of First Fruits], which also granted for it, in 1824, £375, as a gift: it has lately been repaired by a grant of £187 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.' (Lewis)|
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 504; exterior illus in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 324.