||CO. DOWN, KILLOUGH, CHURCH OF ST ANNE (CI)
||New church with tower and wooden spire. 'The church, which had been rebuilt in 1716, and had subsequently fallen into a state of dilapidation, was again rebuilt in 1802, by the munificence of the Rev. J. Hamilton, who died in 1797, and bequeathed £1200 for that purpose. It is a neat edifice, on the site of the former, in the early English style, with a tower surmounted with an octangualr spire, affording an excellent landmark for mariners enterin the port.' (Lewis) Spire blown down in Great Wind of Jan 1839.
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 154; Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 134-5(illus.); exterior of church also illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 189.