Selected: CO. DOWN, BANBRIDGE, METHODIST CHURCH
|Building:||CO. DOWN, BANBRIDGE, METHODIST CHURCH|
|Nature:||New Gothic church, to seat 400. Walls in local blue stone. FS laid Aug 1870. Schools behind. Estimated cost of whole: £3,000. contractor: Collen, Portadown. Gift of John Glass, of Jamaica, Long Island, USA, who donated $10,000 in gold for the building of a Methodist chapel and schoolhouse in his native town of Banbridge..
|Refs:||Armagh Guardian, 20 Aug 1867; IB 12, 1 Sep 1870, 209.|