Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, AHOGHILL, CHURCH OF ST COLMANELL (CI)

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. ANTRIM, AHOGHILL, CHURCH OF ST COLMANELL (CI)
Date: 1862-63
Nature: New Early Pointed Gothic church, with 3-bay nave, N & S transepts, chancel, robing room, porches. Grant of £1,100 from Ecclesiastical Commissioners. Site granted by Rev. Mr Rowan. FS laid Aug 1863 by Mrs O'Neill of Shane's Castle. Contractor: James Henry. Consecrated 24 Aug 1865. Completed at cost between £3,000 and £4,000. Stained glass by Wailes, Newcastle.
Refs: Drawings signed by W & G, 1862 and James Henry, Apr 1863, (also unsigned, undated tracings for tower, spire, pulpit &c.) in RCB Library, portfolio 6; DB 5, 15 Aug 1863, 141; 7, 1 Sep 1865, 214; B 21, 27 Aug 1863, 605;  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 7, no. 75, 18 Sep 1865, 201;  Irish Church Directory (1866), ?;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 214(illus.).

Name: WAILES, WILLIAM *#
Building: CO. ANTRIM, AHOGHILL, CHURCH OF ST COLMANELL (CI)
Date: 1865
Nature: Stained glass in new church.
Refs: DB 7, 1 Sep 1865, 214

Name: WAINWRIGHT, PETER *
Building: CO. ANTRIM, AHOGHILL, CHURCH OF ST COLMANELL (CI)
Date: 1873
Nature: East window in memory of ministry of Rev. Dr Lee.
Refs: IB 15, 1 Oct 1873, 265; Building News 25, 3 Oct 1873, 383