Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DERRY, MAGHERAFELT, COURT HOUSE

Name: TURNER & WILLIAMSON
Building: CO. DERRY, MAGHERAFELT, COURT HOUSE
Date: 1873-74
Nature: New court house, by Turner & Williamson. Contractor: G. Tipping.
Refs: Contract drawings, signed by Tipping and Turner, 13 Feb 1873, in PRONI (repr. H. Dixon, Ulster Architecture 1800-1900 (1972), no. 125); C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 90-91; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 413-4; James Stevens Curl, The Londonderry Plantation, 1609-1914 (1986), 248,Pl.266