||WATT (GRAEME) & TULLOCH
||CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, EAST BRIDGE STREET, ELECTRICITY STATION
||New electric station to replace one in Chapel Lane for Belfast Corporation. Red brick and Giffnock stone; 'pronounces by a competent authority to be one of the best electric light stations in the kingdom' (Irish Times). Cost: £25,000. Opened by Earl Cadogan, 18 Oct 1898. Contractor: J. & W. Stewart, Belfast.
Irish Times, 21 Sep,19 Oct 1898; IB 40, 15 Oct 1898, 153; Building News 75, 21 Oct 1898, 568; C.E.B. Brett, Buildings of Belfast (2nd ed., 1985), 62.