Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. MEATH, LAYTOWN, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)

Name: DODD, PATRICK JOSEPH
Building: CO. MEATH, LAYTOWN, CHURCH OF THE SACRED HEART (RC)
Date: 1876
Nature: New church with with apsidal chancel. Dedicated by Bishop of Meath 1871. Builders: James Collins & F. Campbell. (Demolished apart from W front and replaced, by church by Liam McCormick, 1979)
Refs: IB 18, 1 Aug 1876, 231; P.J. Geraghty, 'P.J. Dodd of Drogheda, Architect and Civil Engineer', in Journal of the Old Drogheda Society No. 9 (1994), 15-16(illus.); Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 325