Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, BARRINGTON'S QUAY, MONT DE PIETÉ

Name: O'HARA, WILLIAM [2]
Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, BARRINGTON'S QUAY, MONT DE PIETÉ
Date: 1837a
Nature: Domed, classical building possibly designed by W.O'H. Built at expense of Matthew Barrington. Opened March 1837. (Converted into policae barrack, 1847, and demolished, 1892)
Refs: Panoramic elevation of Barrington's Hospital and Mont de Pieté, signed 'W.O'Hara, Archt', whereabouts unknown; repr. The Old Limerick Journal 24 (Winter 1988, 'Barrington's Edition'), 53 (photograph in IAA); M. Lenihan, Limerick; its history and antiquities (1866), 480; Henry John Porter, 'On the Mont de Pieté system of pawnbroking in Ireland', Journal of the Statistical Society of London Vol. 3, No. 3 (Oct., 1840), 293-303; North Munster Antiquarian Journal (1950), ?