Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, CHURCH OF ST ANN OR BRUEN TESTIMONIAL (CI)

Name: CARMICHAEL, HUGH
Building: CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, CHURCH OF ST ANN OR BRUEN TESTIMONIAL (CI)
Date: 1842
Nature: HC exhibits design for testimonial at RHA
Refs: RHA 1842, no. 454

Name: DERICK, JOHN MACDUFF
Building: CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, CHURCH OF ST ANN OR BRUEN TESTIMONIAL (CI)
Date: 1852-54
Nature: Design selected in open competition. Decorated. Cruciform. FS laid 21 May 1852. (Church purchased 1929 and moved to Graiguecullen to become Church of St Clare (RC)
Refs: Drawing of S.E. view exh. RA 1852 (no. 1217) and at RHA 1853 (no. 373); scroll placed in cavity behind stone in SE jamb of doorway in S aisle by his wife, Elizabeth Joyce Derick, May 21st(?) 1852 (photocopy in Jones file D39); B 11, 22 Jan 1853, 60; 12, 21 Jan 1854, 34(illus.); 16, 28 Aug 1858, 591