Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, GLENARM, CHURCH OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION (RC)

Name: O'NEILL & BYRNE
Building: CO. ANTRIM, GLENARM, CHURCH OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION (RC)
Date: 1875a
Nature: New Early Gothic church, for Rev. Joseph Delahunty. Dedicated 30 May 1875, when seromon preached by Rev. Alphonsus O'Neill, brother of John O'Neill. Contractor: A. McNeill, Glenarm.
Refs: Belfast Morning News, 31 May 1875;  J. O'Laverty, History of the Diocese of Down & Connor IV (188?), ?; J.J. Tracey, 'A dissertation on the buildings of John O'Neill and O'Neill and Byrne, architects, 1862-1883', unpublished thesis presented as part of Master of Architecture degree course, Queen's University, Belfast, 1987, 161-163,fig. 15