Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, CARRICKFERGUS, COURT HOUSE

Name: DREW, RICHARD
Building: CO. ANTRIM, CARRICKFERGUS, COURT HOUSE
Date: 1777-79
Nature: New court house. Foundations laid 1777. Completed 1779.
Refs: G.N. Wright, Tours in Ireland (1823), ?; C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 27(illus.),29 (citing S. McSkimin, History and Antiquities of Carrickfergus, 2nd edition, 1823?, 134,137); Sheela Speers, Under the Big Lamp(1989), 25(illus.).

Name: HUNTER, JAMES [1]
Building: CO. ANTRIM, CARRICKFERGUS, COURT HOUSE
Date: 1781-83
Nature: Bulwark wall between court house and sea; beds and kitchen furniture for gaol; alts. to Crown Court.
Refs: C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 29.

Name: DUFF & JACKSON
Building: CO. ANTRIM, CARRICKFERGUS, COURT HOUSE
Date: 1832
Nature: Rebuilding of Richard Drew's Crown court after serious damage 'by persons over whom the Grand Jury has no control' in 1831.
Refs: C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 30; G. Campbell & S. Crowther, Carrickfergus (UAHS, 1978), 25(no.14f)