||TD's design for building comprising news room, coffee room, restaurant and some sleeping accommodation, won competition and was carried out. This was his first design, made when he was 19. Opened 22 Aug 1813. TD presented with piece of plate by Corporation 'in testimony of their approbation of his conduct, in the design, plan, and execution of the work' , 27 Mar 1814 (Tuckey). (Now part of Imperial Hotel.)
Francis H. Tuckey, The County and City of Cork Remembrancer (Cork, 1837), 244,245; J. Windele, Historical and Descriptive Notices of the City of Cork (1849), ?; DB 5, 15 Mar 1863, 49; APSD, C, 148; Journal of the Cork Historical & Archaeological Society (1943), 84; Frederick O'Dwyer, The Architecture of Deane and Woodward (1997), 3.5.17,27; Roger Herlihy, A Walk through the South Parish (Cork: Red Abbey Publications, 2010), 66-69(illus.).