Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LISBURN ROAD, ULSTER INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION OF DEAF, DUMB & BLIND

Name: LANYON, CHARLES (SIR)
Building: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LISBURN ROAD, ULSTER INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION OF DEAF, DUMB & BLIND
Date: 1844-45
Nature: New schoo for Ulster Society for Promotin ghte education of Deaf & Dumb & Blind Children.l. Elizabethan style. Cost: £8,000. Opened to pupils, 24 Sep 1845. (School moved to new premises in Jordanstown in 1962 and old premises demolished. 1963.)
Refs: Armagh Guardian, 30 Sep 1845; APSD 1, B, 57; IB 102, 23 Jul 1960, 557; 104, 7 Jul 1962, 527; A.J. Rowan & C.E.B. Brett, Queen's University (UAHS, revised edition 1975), 25(illus.),26; C.E.B. Brett, The Buildings of Belfast (2nd ed., 1985), 30(illus.).

Name: GIBSON, ROBERT HANNA
Building: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LISBURN ROAD, ULSTER INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION OF DEAF, DUMB & BLIND
Date: 1934
Nature: Adds.
Refs: IB 76, 28 Jul 1934, 641

Name: SEAVER & GIBSON
Building: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LISBURN ROAD, ULSTER INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION OF DEAF, DUMB & BLIND
Date: 1934-1935
Nature: Extension &/or new school. Builder: F.B. McKee & Co., Shore Rd, Belfast.
Refs: IB 76, 3 Nov,29 Dec 1934, 938,1142; 77, 24 Aug 1935, 757