||Early Gothic, cruciform with apse, tower. Corner stone, gift of Pope, laid 1 Aug 1888. Keystone of arch, from house of St Clement, Rome, also gift of Pope. For Very Rev. Canon Brosnan, PP. Original intention to build in Minard red sandstone but executed in Newry granite with local limestone dressings.
Drawings in IAA, Ashlin & Coleman drawings collection, Acc. 76/1.16/1-117; 2 sets of lithographed designs, also photograph of laying of Roman corner stone, in IAA, P.J. Lynch collection, Acc. 78/34; RHA 1882, no. 557; 1885, nos. 536, 540; Cork Industrial Exhibition, 1883, nos. 1041-1042; Architect 31, 28 Mar 1885, 195 (illus.); IB 27, 1 Jul 1885, 193 (illus.), 203 (illus.); exterior and interior views exh. Columbian Exposition, Chicago, 1897; R. Hayward, in the Kingdom of Kerry (reprint, 1970), ?; exercise book containing MS account by Charles Guilfoyle Doran entitled 'Some notes on the manner in which the O’Connell Memorial Church, Cahirciveen, was originated' and his account of a visit to Cahirciveen on 10 June 1893 to meet Canon Brosnan together with brochure containing plan, description, and illustrations.sold at Mealy's Auction Rooms, 7-8 Dec 2021, Lot 703;